17 Bedroom Cleaning Tips You’ll Thank Me For
Your bedroom is your sanctuary – a place to relax, unwind, and recharge after a long day. But when clutter accumulates and the dust settles, your bedroom can quickly become a source of stress rather than a place of tranquility. A clean and organized bedroom can make all the difference in how you feel and function physically and mentally. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the best bedroom cleaning tips and tricks to help you create a space that promotes relaxation, clarity, and peace of mind. From decluttering and organizing to deep cleaning and tidying up, we’ve got you covered. So put on your favorite playlist, grab your cleaning supplies, and let’s get to work! We’re sharing 17 bedroom cleaning tips to give your room a new feel.
AD- This is a sponsored post and may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
At the end of the day, there isn’t anything better than cozying up in a beautiful bedroom!
Benefits of deep cleaning your bedroom:
Reduces allergies: A deep clean can remove dust, pollen, and other allergens from your bedroom, improving air quality and reducing allergy symptoms.
Improves sleep: A clean and tidy bedroom can promote better sleep by creating a calming environment and reducing distractions.
Boosts productivity: Clutter and mess can be distracting and overwhelming, making it difficult to focus and be productive. A clean and organized bedroom can help improve your concentration and productivity.
Reduces stress: A cluttered or dirty bedroom can cause stress and anxiety, while a clean and organized space can promote relaxation and reduce stress levels.
Increases motivation: A clean and tidy bedroom can give you a sense of accomplishment and motivation, making it easier to tackle other tasks and responsibilities.
Enhances mood: A clean and organized bedroom can create a positive and uplifting atmosphere, improving your overall mood and well-being.
Life often leaves us so busy, though, we don’t always have time to prioritize our room. Laundry may get thrown on our floors, or maybe dishes from a night snack pile up on our headboards, and before you know it, it’s a big cluster of mess. There are so many benefits to having a clean and tidy room, though! You wake up with a clearer mind and possibly even sleep better. You become more productive and possibly even feel happier. Having a nice clean room is awesome! But, with a busy life, and maybe kids and a career, how do you do it?
Bedroom Cleaning Tips
- Start by making the bed: This instantly makes the room look neater and more put together.
- Declutter surfaces: Clear any unnecessary items from nightstands, dressers, and other surfaces.
- Vacuum or sweep the floors: This helps to remove dust, dirt, and debris from the floors.
- Dust surfaces: Use a microfiber cloth or dusting tool to remove dust from surfaces such as shelves and picture frames.
- Clean mirrors and windows: Use a glass cleaner and a lint-free cloth to clean mirrors and windows.
- Wipe down light switches and doorknobs: These can easily accumulate dirt and grime, so give them a quick wipe down.
- Vacuum or dust blinds and curtains: These can collect a lot of dust and debris, so be sure to clean them regularly.
- Organize your closet: Hang up any clothes that are lying around and reorganize your closet if needed.
- Change your bedding: Switch out your sheets and pillowcases for fresh ones.
- Clean under the bed: Sweep or vacuum under the bed to remove any dust and debris that may have accumulated.
- Clean any electronics: Dust and wipe down electronics such as lamps, alarm clocks, and chargers.
- Clean any mirrors or glass surfaces: Use a glass cleaner and a lint-free cloth to clean any mirrors or glass surfaces in the room.
- Empty the trash: Take out any trash or recycling that may be in the room.
- Clean the baseboards: Wipe down the baseboards to remove any dust and dirt that may have accumulated.
- Clean the ceiling fan: Use a duster or vacuum to clean any dust that has accumulated on the blades.
- Disinfect surfaces: Use a disinfectant spray or wipe to clean any surfaces that may need disinfecting.
- Add some finishing touches: Light a candle or spray some air freshener to add a nice scent to the room.
How do you delclutter and deep clean your bedroom?
Love always, natasha
A clean room is a clean mind, there is nothing better then a fresh bed which has been made- almost feels rewarding after a hard days work! Great post really enjoyed it x
Thank you so much ?
The pictures and colours in your pictures really do give off a calming effect. I have a dreaded chair where I take of my clothes and put on the chair. It defo does take down the room. I need to try and break this habit for sure. Thanks for the push to pay more attention to my room! Helen
Thank you for reading and commenting ?
There are some really lovely ideas in this post! I’m a complete advocate for having a relaxing, cosy and clean bedroom area. I make sure that I make my bed every morning because it makes me feel so much better!
Lots of love,
Ashleigh – https://www.ashleighsmoments.com
Thank you for reading and commenting ?
Natalie Ann Redman
Love this look! So clean and fresh!
I’m currently redecorating and having a clear out and move around for this very reason; to keep a calm and collected home. The bedroom is your place of rest. It is meant to be a tranquil environment, especially during this self isolation period due to COVID19 – We need our home to be a place of happiness and comfort!
Lovely post! – Fellow blogger here. Stay wonderful!
Yes definitely! Sending so much love your way!
Time to get my room together. Thanks for the reminder.
Thanks for reading and commenting ?
I try to always make my bed because it really does help clear my head in the morning. You don’t want a messy bed or messy thoughts.
Exactly!! Thanks for reading and commenting ?
I always make my bed and put all the fluffy cushions on!
Love, Amie ❤
The Curvaceous Vegan
That’s fantastic!! Thanks for reading and commenting ?
I totally agree! I feel so much calmer when my bed is made and my room is organized. Would love to get some nice drapes and pick more soothing colours when we move house next month!
Good luck with your move!!! Sending love!
I agree, keeping things neat but also looking pleasant is incredibly important for emotional well-being, especially right now as we spend our time indoors!
Definitely! Thanks for reading and commenting ?
I agree that having a clean room helps you a lot. I just can’t seem to take the time to clean it fully. Sometimes I’ll get motivated and start but then I get overwhelmed and stop.
I definitely do that too. Thanks for reading and commenting!
I always keep my laundry basket hidden away in my wardrobe so noone can see it, as it doesn’t look nice on show at all! I also love my long thick grey curtains, they make the room so much cosier at night 🙂 x
I have dark chocolate brown curtains and I totally agree about the cosy feeling! Thanks for reading and commenting ?
I’m in the process of a bedroom makeover so this was a great reminder to keep the design simple and practical. Under bed drawers are such a great space saver! x
Good luck with your bedroom makeover!!
Blue to Bliss
I agree. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary after a long day.
Lisa Marie Alioto
I completely agree – I always make my bed and people think I”m crazy for doing it but there’s something about climbing into a made bed that’s comforting. And into a clean room!
For the last few months I’ve been making my bed as soon as I get up and I can’t explain how or why it makes such a difference. Really, I feel better having done something already in the first couple minutes of my day and it makes my room look cleaner even though all I did was make my bed. Highly suggest starting small with something like this.
Yay good for you!! Thank you for sharing this with me!
True! Great tips. Thanks for sharing ?