I honestly can’t believe I am already writing another one of these posts. Finally, an end to another pandemic year, and we’re moving into another one. 2021 has brought an immense amount of growth for me. Living through this pandemic has changed me in ways I never could have imagined. I usually spend time reflecting on the year and talking about the changes I’m going to be making, and this year isn’t any different.
Read my past reflections here.
Good Bye 2019
I think 2021 has been something I could never have imagined.
As naive as it may sound, I never imagined that covid-19 would become what it is. My province is still under strict restrictions. It can sometimes feel cumbersome. Nevertheless, I am carrying this pandemic through each day while still living life.
One of my goals for 2022 is to take better care of myself. I recently got honest with myself and stepped on the scale. The pandemic has wholly changed my usual busy activities to a lot of sedentary time.
I found this calculator to be helpful.
I quickly put in my information, giving valuable information and insight.
Once I begin my workout regimen (cross your fingers for me that it’s today!) I’m also going to be using this calculator as well.
This calculator can help give an idea of how many calories you burned exercising. This can be motivating and encouraging!
I like information. I find the more that I know, the less anxiety I feel about it. So I’m going to be using these calculators in addition to my smartwatch to take better care of myself.
- make daily movement a part of my routine
- drink more water
- fuel my body with good nutrition
- take care of ME
- make self-care a daily task
- spend more time on my blog
- save money
- shop more sustainably
- get rid of plastic single-use bags
- see a waterfall
Benefits of setting goals:
Of course, there are more benefits than these, but some benefits resonate with me.
- Setting goals can provide an individual with direction. This is very important to me. I often feel like I’m not sure what I’m working towards or what my focus is.
- Working on goals can give personal motivation. It feels good to do good. It feels good to keep doing good. I think that will motivate me and inspire me to continue.
- Setting goals is a way of really setting out what is important to you. This is helpful because I get overwhelmed with too many projects.
- Lastly, setting goals can help a person overcome procrastination. A goal is somewhat similar to a “finish-line” (but I don’t like to think of them like that because we’re ever-evolving being…) but getting to a finish line is exciting and awesome. I see the finish line, which can help me find the motivation to get going.
What am I doing to set these goals in motion?
Good question! See, the importance is not just on the individual goal but rather the tiny steps you take in the direction of said goal. Basically, what are you doing to make that goal achievable? What changes are you making? What are you going to try?
- I’m going to develop a night routine as part of self-care. I want to improve my sleep because that directly impacts my moods.
- I’m going to find some exciting workouts.
- I’m going to use my calendar to schedule my time to ensure that my blog doesn’t get neglected.
- I’m going to spend some time learning about sustainability and how to shop more sustainably. (Hmmm… do I smell a blog post about this in the future?)
- I’m going to make time to do something fun for myself every day.
Online Games I’m Indulging In:
Fun is essential no matter the age. We must be ENJOYING life. I recently stumbled upon some online games, and they are definitely going to be a part of my self-care. What is super awesome is that they’re kid-friendly, and I can play them with my littles! Here are a few I love:
- Oh my gosh, the year has flown!
- First, visit those calculators mentioned above and let me know what you think. (If weight loss topics trigger you, please don’t visit.)
- Next, make a self-care routine so that prioritizing your care becomes essential.
- Finally, create an action plan for your goals.
Happy New Year, all. Do you have goals? What are you doing to ensure your success in achieving them? Let me know in the comments below!
Love Always, Enn
PS If you liked this post, then stop by THIS one too. I’m sharing an experience I had with bullying when I was a child.