AD| This is a collaborative post with the mentioned below brands. All opinions are my own, however, photos have been provided.
As the days get longer, and the sun is feeling a teensy bit warmer, it`s hard not to think of spring looming!
Winter is incredibly long in Manitoba, Canada, and we have been under snow since the end of October. So, when the birds start chirping, and blades of grass start peeking through, I think everyone gets excited.
We will have puddles, that might even convince you they are rivers, and never going away, but the buds on the trees will ease your mind, and you know, spring is coming. Being a mom to young children for so long, I`ve come to love puddle season. The joy a toddler gets from jumping in a puddle, is simply the best.
Sometimes, our spring is still quite chilly, and at times even brings more snow, but by that point, we know it`s just winter making sure we don`t forget about it, and ending it`s show with a bang.
We will even go through a few weeks where it will feel as if Mother Nature has changed her mind, and is sending us back into frigid temperatures. But, then, one day we wake, and the puddles will have vanished, the snow nearly gone, and even the birds appear to be welcome the warmth.
I can appreciate how indecisive Mother Nature can be, and understand how it can be hard to let the beauty of the crisp, cold, blanket of white melt away into puddles.
Everything changes upon springs arrival, and it`s a change that is so enlightening and wonderful. Rather than the soft greys, whites, and blacks that are everywhere, it becomes soft, pastel-like colours, almost as if a reminder, that life is coming. The grass will grow. The flowers will bud. The birds will return, and sing beautiful songs again.
I love spring, and find it to be an incredibly poetic season.
I find it inspiring to think that everything that died off when the cold bit it, can grow again. Spring decor is fun too! The colors and styles often change, and everything feels just a little bit warmer.
Wondering how to get your house spring-ready?
I’m covering that!!
The first thing I always like to do when the seasons begin changing is to do a good clean and de-clutter. Put away all that winter stuff and bring out the spring jackets and coats. (This is one of my favorite things to do, because INSTANTLY my front closet looks so much neater!) I clean up all the winter toys from outside, and put away those last few Christmas decorations that I forgot about when I was cleaning up the tree.
Then, I buy myself flowers!
I love fresh flowers. They add a beautiful touch of color and softness to any room. I also love all flower decor too!
Flowers are the symbol of spring. The glass flower is eternal. The transparency of the glass attracts the reflections of light on the glass, giving the impression that the sun makes the colors of the glass more vivid, more colorful. – Jocelyne artsvitrail.com
Adding some spring into your kitchen can be fun!
1. Replacing your regular plain tea towels with new colorful tea towels in the kitchen to brighten up the area and show you are ready for Spring 🙂
2. I love a good Spring throw pillow to add some color to the living room. 1 or 2 pillows is perfect especially if you prefer a simple decor style as it adds just enough change without disrupting the decor style you have going on in that space.
3. Hints of pastel throughout to break up the winter decor you’ve had out for the past few months. I love the muted pastel colors as it almost gives a “vintage” spring decor vibe. – Heather (Shop Owner) (You can find these incredible kitchen towels over here!)
1. Spring is on the way! Make sure all windows are free from the winter fog – Let the sunshine in.
2. Embrace bright colors this spring, using unique floral designs to bring color to a neutral space. Be bold!
3. Plant a bulb garden of tulips, daffodils and lilies in your front walkway to welcome your guests. – Mary Jo Caldwell
I love all of the soft colors of spring…pinks, purples, yellows, greens. To me it signifies new life. It’s a great time to bring flowers into your décor, new throw pillows and accents that add a pop of color to celebrate the season. – Dawn (You can check out these incredibly beautiful pieces over here, and here!) And follow Dawn on Facebook here!
I encourage you, embrace Spring. Embrace the color! It can be such a mood lifter!
What are some of your favorite ways to welcome Spring?
Love Always, N